Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

departure details

I will be flying to Mexico on July 16th to begin my field assignment!! I praise the Lord for his faithful leading to serve as a missionary step by step over the last 13 years of my life!

Prayer Requests
  • Please pray for good times with friends and family these next weeks
  • Please pray for various details that need to come together yet prior to departure
  • Please pray that the Lord would provide a good living situation for my first year of service (I'll most likely be living with a Mexican Believing family for the first year)

Upon arival on the Mexico field I will be working with the WEC Mexico team that is already serving there. I will begin a one year orientation to the field spending about three months in each of the ministry departments. My field orientation also includes continual learning of the Spanish language and esspecially Mexican culture. At the end of my field orientation I wil be placed into a specific area of ministry with the team. The field has a history of people knowing that they are called to serve in Mexico, but not always knowing the exact details of how that is going to work out beforehand. God makes it clear as they get involved. I am excited to be going as a helper to my team and be available for whatever God has for me! His plan is the best!

No comments: