Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bungalow stories

As I look at my life there is one thing that I can continually say! I serve a God who has been nothing except faithful to me in my life! I am so thankful to Him that He is faithful when we are not and that He desires nothing but the best for us!
I wanted to take an opportunity to share a few little stories about the bungalow that I am renting because they point to God's faithfulness.
About 13 years ago when I was starting to be led to the mission field, the couple that I am renting this bungalow from began to construct it and prayed about who they would possibly rent it to. It is really amazing to me that God was already preparing a place for me when I had no clue where I was headed.
The picture that you see above is what I saw when I first saw this place for the first time. Please do note the colored glass windows which have a story that I must tell. When I was at candidate orientation to join long-term for missions, I went to church one Sunday with someone and saw a church with stained glass windows. I prayed briefly and said "Lord, someday I would like to live in a place that has windows like this or something similar." And after I prayed, I totally forgot about it.
Until the day I went and saw this place with two of my team mates to check it out to possibly rent it----and as I walked towards it seeing all of these beautiful flowers around me in the flower garden I was just in awe, and then I saw the colored glass windows and almost felt like I was going to cry because I remembered instantly what I had prayed, and all I could think was, "Wow Lord! You cared about that!!!!" Nothing escapes Him.
God cares about every detail and with His great love being shown to me each and every day calls me to trust Him more----He IS So faithful and I want to be much closer to Him.





I was heading to church the other day and as I walked up my walkway to the door I saw this---butterflies -----and delayed my leaving for about 20 minutes to run back get my camera and start taking pictures of the butterflies orange and perfectly matching the beautiful flowers they are sitting on!






When I was a kid butterflies and flowers were like my two favorite things in the world! I think they still are. So when I have a free moment I will probably be goofing off with the camera. It is a beautiful place to live!

Thank you Father for being so faithful, for making us new creations and for transforming our lives. Draw us ever closer to you and fulfill your purposes for us---that you may receive all the glory, honor, and praise!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

God is so good! He indeed does care about every little (and big) detail of our lives!! So glad!