Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Saturday, July 31, 2010

His Love Quiets Me!

Hi Everyone,

Zephaniah 3:14-17 "Sing, O Daughter of Zion; shout aloud, O Israel! Be glad and rejoice with all your heart, O Daughter of Jerusalem! The LORD has taken away your punishment, he has turned back your enemy. The LORD, the King of Israel, is with you; never again will you fear any harm. On that day they will say to Jerusalem, "Do not fear, O Zion; do not let your hands hang limp. The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

It is so wonderful that God's amazing love--the same love that calmed the hearts of His people Israel, in the Old Testament also calms mine and all of those of us who have given Him our trust. He is with us--indwelling us through the person of the Holy Spirit--and He is mighty to save and work His perfect plan in us, no matter how that looks. He delights in us and QUIETS OUR HEARTS with the depths of His immeasurable and inexhaustible love...and He rejoices that we are His...and is yet calling many more so that they too may be brought to this same understanding...and a personal relationship with Him.

WHAT PEACE THERE IS AS HIS LOVE QUIETS ME!!!!

Just a little side note: I had ANOTHER opportunity to get a little bit of Spanish practice this afternoon..overhearing it, honestly, on accident.....at first :) I am so excited to go to conference and be with my team....and hear all that God is doing in their lives and ministries down there....12 days to go!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I feel like a kid in a candy store at the thought of going!)

No comments: