Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, July 4, 2010

His TRUTH IS Marching On!!!

Hi Everyone,

I guess it is the day for frequent short posts on the blog. Early this evening we ate supper at my friend's house from church and as we were eating, we watched as the rain came in across their field--pretty neat!!! At that point we weren't sure if there would be fireworks or not in the evening, but as relatively quickly as the rain had come, it stopped, and we decided to give the downtown fireworks a go, after several fun rounds of catch phrase!

This year the whole fireworks thing was pretty special for several reasons. 1) It was the first time since the flood of 2008 that we have had fireworks downtown. There is something about celebrating together! 2) The music and songs they chose were actually appropriate (some years you wonder, with respect, who picks the stuff they choose) 3) The fireworks were pretty awesome...some of the best I've seen for our city.

The best song they played was the "Battle Hymn of the Republic." I would love to post the words here but am not sure if I can, since to my knowledge it is not yet in the public domain (not sure how the rules work for posting things like that on line) But PLEASE GOOGLE IT AND FIND AND READ THE LYRICS FOR YOURSELF!!!! GOOD STUFF!!!! When they played that song over the radio synchrenized to the fireworks, "Everything within me was just screaming, "YES!! HIS TRUTH IS MARCHING ON!!!!!!!" Wonderful they still play songs like that in our culture sometimes, although many still do not really know what the words mean.

NO MATTER WHAT, GOD'S TRUTH MARCHES ON---HIS UNCHANGEABLE, ABSOLUTE, PERFECT TRUTH-THE TRUTH OF HIS WORD THAT HAS THE POWER TO MELT HEARTS OF STONE AND BRING THE SOUL THAT IS DEAD IN TRESPASSES AND SINS TO LIFE!!!

HIS TRUTH IS MARCHING ON!!!! GLORY!!! GLORY!!! HALLELUJAH!!

1 comment:

Ashley Nicole said...

Okay, this is making me very sad:-( Not only did I miss the CR fireworks which were actually downtown again, I didn't get to see any at all this year--I think for the first time in my life! Hey, somebody had to stay with that sweet Baby of ours:-) Glad you had fun with my family!!