Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lord, Thank You for LIFE This Morning!

Lord,

Thank you for LIFE this morning-the physical gift of life this morning--LIFE physically

Psalm 103:1-5 "Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." (I think both physical and spiritual life could be implied here...from what we know in the New Testament about what eternal life is--that being crowned with His love and compassion and fo9rgiven of our sins are gifts we have when he saves us!!)

and Eternally

Matthew 7:13-14 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it

John 4:13-14 Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

John 5:16-30 "So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jews persecuted him. Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working." For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God. Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these. For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it. Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him. "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man. "Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned. By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me."

Thank you for life in you today, Lord!

Wow! Here the Pharisees or religious leaders that Jesus wsa talking to thought they had eternal life because they studied the scriptures--and they trusted in that--BUT CLEARLY refused to come to Christ and TRUST HIM as the one and only giver of eternal life.

John 5:36-40"I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me. And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

John 10:9-10 "I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

WE CAN"T TRUST IN ANYTHING OTHER THAN JESUS CHRIST ALONE TO HAVE THE SALVATION AND ETERNAL LIFE IN HIM THAT HE OFFERS!!!!

1 comment:

Nancy(bratt) said...

Crystal, this is Nanny. I just came by to visit an to say hello. I LOVE your website. May I share it? God knows I needed a person like yo uin my life and He sent you.
Thank you and God bless
Your new friend
Nanny