Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Oil Spill--Creation Groans for the Lost World We Live In

Hi Everyone,

This blog is Not going to become a "current environmental and social issues blog" by any means, but I just have to say something.

I went to the gas station briefly today, and got in a conversation with one of the employee's. I mentioned the big oil spill that, I guess, is being discussed up here. I saw a headline and asked the lady what she knew, partly because all I literally know is that that there was a big oil spill and nothing else.

And she proceeds to tell me about an AM radio talk show where two "psychics" where saying something about some huge hurricane coming and pushing the oil on land or whatever"----And I am thinking as she talks, "Wow! It is so sad how those who have not yet trusted Christ will sometimes believe anything except what the Word of God says.." My second thought was "Be careful where you get your information from and be careful what you accept to be true." Her response was NOT exactly the information I was expecting to get, and yet it was a real reflection of the lost hurting people around us----an eye-opener to that daily reality wherever we are in the world.

So a prayer request is that I am actually really burdened for the 4 ladies that work at the gas station. I got to share the gospel with one of them a few weeks ago. Please pray that in the remainder of my time living here, however long that ends up being, that the Lord would use my interactions with them, from time to time, to reflect HIS LIGHT, LOVE, AND TRUTH---THE TRUTH OF JESUS CHRIST AS STATED INERRANTLY IN THE BIBLE--THE GOSPEL OF SALVATION.

So even though I have no clue what is really going on with the oil spill, I know three things.

1) God is TOTALLY IN ABSOLUTE CONTROL, even of these "environmental calamities and issues"-shall I say for lack of better words.

2) Things like the "big oil spill" remind us that all of creation is yet groaning and waiting. I can picture in my mind those fish and whatever else dying in the oil and groaning, "Come back, Jesus!" (Let me say they aren't as valuable as we are and they don't "get saved" or anything, but they and all of creation groans as Romans 8:19-25 says, "The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently." The creation waits for it's freedom from bondage and to be brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. And as We, who know Christ, have hope lets share it with others.

3) Which I already basically said, is that let's each be praying and asking God how to have our every day conversation and the events that are happening, which is what much of the world without Christ may be thinking about, be opportunities to share about His truth--THE TRUTH ABOUT JESUS THAT WILL LAST FOREVER WHEN EVERYTHING ELSE ON THIS EARTH IS DONE AND OVER WITH!!!!

No comments: