Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Part Two of "I AM Still On "Plan A."

Hi Everyone,

It is so interesting the timing of my post last night-God is so in control of this. Last night I blogged about how we are still on "Plan A" when we sin and blow it. You know, I really needed that! I read it again, and it was a reminder to me of that truth, that I am still on "Plan A" myself.

You see today a dear friend of mine, in the midst of some really crazy and wild circumstances in my life that happened today, mentioned very kindly and confronted in love that about two weeks ago, I said something that really made someone else question my testimony that I had become a Believer.

And when I heard that, and also because I know the person that questioned my testimony, it instantly broke my heart, and it broke my heart that I honestly unknowingly sinned before God and before her--at that moment with my lips and that I said something that she heard and it could have easily caused this little one to stumble.

IT IS SO EASY TO FALL INTO THE TRAP OF CONDEMNATION IN THOSE MOMENTS. Satan just wants to dig his heels in and have a hay-day with us!

But it was like at the same time that I was sorry and mad at myself that I had done that, it was like the Spirit of God along with my mentor were able to remind me that as Romans 8:1 says, there really IS NO CONDEMNATION for those that are in Christ--that GOD gives us grace when we sin--that it is already covered and paid for through Jesus Christ's death and payment for our sin on our behalf.

I don't have to beat myself up with guilt and shame about it! There is a glorious and true freedom for the children of God! I plan on talking to her (the young girl that heard the thing that made her doubt my testimony) because I believe that it is necessary to sincerely apologize, explain a little bit, and hopefully be able to build into her precious young life that even as Christians, we DEFINITELY SIN AND BLOW IT, BUT THAT'S WHY NO MATTER HOE CLOSE SOMEONE WALKS WITH GOD, ONE TIME OR ANOTHER (or several times), THEY WILL DISAPPOINT US---INCLUDING ME WITH YOU ALL.

BUT THAT IS HONESTLY WHY WE HAVE TO KEEP LOOKING AT CHRIST JESUS OUR SAVIOR, ABOVE EVERYONE ELSE--BECAUSE HE IS THE ONLY PERFECT EXAMPLE. WE will ALWAYS fall short of being the example He calls us to be.
WE MUST LOOK TO HIM!!!

And my heart still rejoices! I am still on Plan A and KNOW that I am forgiven completely, without reservation, forever!

Psalm 19:14 "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."

No comments: