Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Stating a Fact Versus Complaining

HI Everyone,

I've been thinking about something lately. I've been thinking about the difference between stating a fact versus complaining about something. God has been lovingly showing me that sometimes when I say something even as "stating a fact," there can be moments where I inwardly might be complaining in my heart about the situation, and I don't want to be doing that. So I guess that there can be a fine line regarding the MOTIVE of why I am saying something. So I start asking myself some questions like these:

Why did I really just say what I just said?

Am I saying it to get attention?

Am I saying it out of an attitude of complaining in my heart of hearts, even if no one else sees it? (BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS THAT GOD DOES SEE IT--and YES, HE KNOWS!)

Or am I simply saying something out of stating a pure fact to someone else as the truth?

Does God care about our motives and "the why" of why we do things? ABSOLUTELY!

Here are some verses that seem to mention that

1 Corinthians 4:4-5 "My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God."

Hebrews 4:12-13 "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.


I guess getting into the "nitty gritty," the "fine things and the particulars of our motives of our hearts before God" is really a very personal thing between each person before God. And if we ask Him, little bit by little bit, He will show us the truth as we are willing to see things as He sees them--and allowing the Word of God to expose the truth to us--seeing God as He truly UNCHANGINGLY IS AND OURSELVES AS WE TRULY ARE.

It is possible to do the "right things" but do them for the wrong reason, according to the holiness of who God IS and we all fall short! Myself included-I have not yet arrived! When I say all of these things I am reminded myself as well as you. May The Spirit of the ONE AND ONLY LIVING GOD continue to transform and mold each one of us to be more like Him!

HE IS GOOD AND HE WILL complete the work that HE has started in each of us! To Him be ALL of the glory!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.