Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Taste of Mexico--Pray For My Mexican friends!

HI Everyone,

I hope you are all rejoicing in the Lord today, even if there are hard things in your life right now. Remember that God is in control and that NOTHING escapes His notice!

So I got a taste of MEXICO on Wednesday night! There is one Mexican couple that I am friends with in my hometown. For privacy purposes I will NOT out their names here, but I will just say that they invited me over to their house for a meal. It was the typical Mexican "all the family that was possible to be together was there" scenario.

It was so cool because before I we got to their house, after they came to pick me up, we went to a little Mexican grocery store. It was so great! I GOT SO EXCITED!!!! It was like I actually missed seeing some of the products that were on the shelves. It felt like "home"-the other part of my life that I am longing to get back to soon, but in God's timing.

My friend (the wife) bought me a bottle of the Jarrito's Pineapple soda--yum! It was such a treat. I didn't even realize that I had been craving just a little taste of it.(I had completely forgotten about the apple soda flavor-guess I will have to drink just a little at conference in August.) Anyways, it was a very kind and thoughtful gesture on her part to buy that for me. She had gone to buy some remaining ingredients she needed for our cena. (supper)

So I came to her house and the meal got finished being be prepared tacos with authentic Mexican style tortillas with carne deshebradam and even a mexican cheese to top on it if you wanted! It was DELICIOUS!!!! It felt god to eat something authentically Mexican (hot salsa included!) and remember.....

And after we all ate, she went to fold her laundry and I went with her to chat. (The awesome part was that we talked in Spanish literally from the moment that I got in their car to the moment that I left their car to return to the House of Hope whe. re I stay.)

So while she was folding her laundry she made some comment along the lines of how the work never ends til you die, and it was the perfect opportunity to share the gospel with her. It was just like God gave me the words. e finished the laundry and went outside to water her flowers and I kept sharing with her. I would truly like to memorize a few more Scripture in Spanish so that I can share more of what God says and not just my words to explain. She didn't say much, but didn't stop me either. I was encouraged by the natural opportunity that God gave me to share!! :)

As I observed some different situations that occurred with her husband and some things that he said, I was very aware of his overall sense of trying to be constantly in control of everything, but the reality that everything is really spinning out of control in his life. Part of me just wanted to say, "Give up the control0and give it all to Jesus. (actually he is not of Mexican descent) Bu I kept quiet-it wasn't the time or place to say something.

All in all, it was a wonderful evening though! I loved being with her!

So my prayer request is that before I return to Mexico on a more long-term basis, that I would have an opportunity to share the gospel with her a little more clearly in Spanish.....and that eventually she and her husband and their adult children would come to the place of giving JESUS their trust. Thank you for praying for them. I will keep you posted.

And lastly my challenge to all of the believers out there reading this is to NOT FORCE THE GOSPEL WHEN YOU SHARE IT, BUT TO RATHER SIMPLY LOOK FOR AND ASK GOD FOR NATURAL OPPORTUNITIES TO SHARE WITH OUR DEAR FRIENDS THAT DON'T KNOW CHRIST YET. NOW OBVIOUSLY, IF GOD TELLS YOU TO SHARE THE GOSPEL WITH SOMEONE AND IT ISN'T GOING TO BE TOTALLY A COURSE OF NATURAL CONVERSATION, DO IT WITH HIS LOVE AND TRUTH. BUT LET'S KEEP PRAYING FOR THOSE NATURAL OPPORTUNITIES AND BE ATTENTIVE AND SENSITIVE TO THE SPIRIT OF GOD INSIDE OF US!!! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A FEAR THING EITHER> ASK GOD TO HELP YOU OVERCOME THAT IF IT IS AN ISSUE-SOMETIMES WE GET SCARED OF HOW THEY WILL RESPOND, BUT THERE IS NOTHING TO BE AFRAID OF--THE GOD NEWS OF SALVATION THROUGH JESUS CHRIST IS THE GREATEST AND MOST WONDERFUL MESSAGE IN THE WORLD.

May God give us all the courage to share boldly the hope that is within us (myself included)---in HIS LOVE AND TRUTH!!

May He bless you abundantly with HIS PEACE that passes all understanding today!

No comments: