Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Monday, August 9, 2010

Be Still, My Soul!

Hi Everyone!

Another one of my favorite hymns is, "Be Still My Soul." I've always liked it even before I got saved. However, in the last two weeks or so though, it has especially become this amazing source of comfort to me. I guess it had always intrigued me and made me curious. The writer of the words was Katharina Von Schlegel, and I've always wondered what trials this lady personally endured in her life to write something so packed with meaning, teaching, and so beautiful. She is one of the people I can't wait to meet in person, in heaven one day.

"Be Still, My Soul"
Text: Katharina von Schlegel, 1752; translated. by Jane Borthwick, 1855 (Ps. 46:10)
Music: Jean Sibelius, 1899

1. Be still, my soul: the Lord is on your side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
leave to your God to order and provide;
in every change God faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: your best, your heavenly friend
through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

2. Be still, my soul: your God will undertake
to guide the future, as in ages past.
Your hope, your confidence let nothing shake;
all now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
the Christ who ruled them while he dwelt below.

3. Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
when we shall be forever with the Lord,
when disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
sorrow for forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past,
all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

It is still a hymn being recorded today. My current favorite versions of it are one by the Martin's and another by Anne Walsh.

So, if things in life become challenging today, silently stop a moment and go before the Lord in prayer to tell Him about whatever is going on. And before you pray, remind yourself, "Be still, my soul." because in Jesus Christ, we really have nothing to be fearful and worried of (although sometimes I, just like you, in my human state, can forget, for but a moment, of that truth.) And then the Spirit of God reminds me that my response is to Be still and trust God--letting Absolutely NOTHING shake my hope or confidence in Him---and to remember with comfort and rest remembering that o9ne day all of the sorrow, disappointment, fear, and grief will be a thing of the past----because THE DAY WILL COME THAT WE WILL BE WITH JESUS CHRIST FOREVER!!!!!-----AND NOTHING WILL TOUCH US THERE!!!!

Let's REST in CHRIST JESUS OUR SAVIOR, REJOICE IN THAT COMING DAY, AND SERVE HIM FAITHFULLY HERE TODAY!!!!!!

No comments: