Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

His Commands Are NOT Burdensome!!!

Hi Everyone,

I have been thinking much about the sheer delight that it is to walk in the ways of the Lord and obey His commands, and not merely just listen to them without obedience.

Here are a few verses that have come to my mind regarding this topic!

1 John 5:2-4 I LOVE THESE VERSES--They are quickly becoming one of my favorites! "This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith."

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Before I was saved, I thought that God's way was this hard and treacherous way to walk in, deep down inside, although I would have never admitted it out loud to another soul! But that is such a lie that the world system and Satan feed unbelievers (and maybe even believers at times.) It is a lie meant to hinder us from either coming to God to begin with, or to come close to Him in what He wants for us in our relationship with Him.

Way deep down are you or I believing in any way, shape, or form,that our freedom or having our way is better than what God has for us, and, therefore, we would rather do things "our way" than following God's best for us and following and obeying HIS commands rather than doing "our own thing?"

To just be frank and honest with you all-- just as I wrote that question above, the Holy Spirit pointed out something to me regarding a certain matter in my own life where I am "still seeking my own way."

Surrender is a process...........a daily, moment by moment process, of coming before the Lord with our hearts---and allowing Him to search us as we TRULY are.

So even though I am tempted to believe in some ways that "my way" is still "better", it is a LIE!!!

HOWEVER, THE TRUTH IS THAT IT IS EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE OF THE LIE!! GOD'S WAY FOR US IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST----AND THAT INCLUDES OBEYING HIS COMMANDS AS LAID FORTH IN HIS WORD--THE BIBLE!!!

Lord help us all--we are a desperately needy people and without YOU, we have nothing. Give us hearts to obey and delight in following your commands and the true insight from YOU--IMPRESS IT UPON US, OH DEAR LORD, THAT YOUR COMMANDS ARE INDEED THE VERY BEST FOR US---AND IN NO WAY ARE THEY BURDENSOME!! HELP US TO DELIGHT IN OBEYING THEM AND, THEREFORE, OBEYING YOU, OUT OF LOVE TOWARDS YOU, BECAUSE YOU FIRST LOVED US!!!!!

Our heart response is in the verses that follow:

Psalm 112:1 "Praise the LORD. Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who finds great delight in his commands."

Psalm 119:24 "Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors."

Psalm 119:26-27 "I recounted my ways and you answered me; teach me your decrees. Let me understand the teaching of your precepts; then I will meditate on your wonders."

Psalm 119:30-35 "I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws. I hold fast to your statutes, O LORD; do not let me be put to shame. I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free. Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end. Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart. Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight."

Psalm 119:46-48 "I will speak of your statutes before kings and will not be put to shame, for I delight in your commands because I love them. I lift up my hands to your commands, which I love, and I meditate on your decrees."

Psalm 119:142-144 "Your righteousness is everlasting and your law is true. Trouble and distress have come upon me, but your commands are my delight. Your statutes are forever right; give me understanding that I may live."

Jeremiah 15:16 "When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, Oh LORD God Almighty."

Yes, Lord, may we ALWAYS run in the path of YOUR COMMANDS BECAUSE YOU HAVE SET OUR HEARTS FREE---Free from the bondage of sin, free from death, free from an eternity of damnation and eternal separation from you-----AND YES LORD, WE REJOICE!! FOR IT IS YOU AND YOU ALONE THAT HAS SET OUR HEARTS FREE----AND MAY EVERYTHING WE DO BE A FRAGRANT OFFERING OF GRATITUDE AND CONTINUAL THANKSGIVING RIGHT BACK TO YOU, BECAUSE OF THIS---FOR EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF THE REST OF OUR LIVES!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Again we obey the Lord and all that He tells us because Jesus Christ loved us first!! AND HIS COMMANDS ARE NOT BURDENSOME--THEY ARE MEANT TO BE A DELIGHT AND A JOY FOR ALL OF US TO WALK IN AND OBEY!!!!

Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am really Glad i came across this blog.Added crystalsministryupdates.blogspot.com to my bookmark!