Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

His Eyes are On Me......My Eyes Are On Him!!!

Hi Everyone,

Psalm 33:18 "But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love."

Psalm 103:13-14 "As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust."

I love these verses. They are just two of several that affirm that God's eyes are upon me and upon the rest of us that truly fear Him. How precious and very deeply comforting it is to know that even in the hard moments of life, HIS EYES ARE ON US--AND NOTHING ESCAPES THEIR NOTICE----NOTHING. He hears our every cry, counts our every tear, and hears our every prayer acknowledging our very dependence upon Him and Him alone! As he watched over Israel without slumbering or sleeping, He watches over us---we are in His constant watch and care without any failing on His part. He KNOWS everything----ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING that concerns us and legitimately and truly CARES.

But it isn't enough that His eyes are on me. No matter what happens, I want my eyes to be fixed upon Him, because if my eyes are not fixed upon Him and I deviate my attention to other things, I can so easily end up in trouble, rather quickly.

Eyes fixed on Him even when.......I go through things that I don't understand

Eyes fixed on Him even when.......dreams that I had cherished and held close to my heart all of my life, may have a very real possibility of never becoming reality.

Eyes fixed on Him even when.......I will probably never know all of the "why's."

Eyes fixed on Him even when.......I feel like my heart could break.....


Eyes fixed on Him BECAUSE LIFE ISN'T ABOUT ME GETTING WHAT I THINK I WANT. GOD AND PRATER ARE NOT "GENIE'S" OR "VENDING MACHINES." BUT RATHER IT IS ABOUT GOD GETTING THE GLORY---NO MATTER WHAT IT "COSTS ME." IT IS ALL ABOUT HIM----BEING ABLE TO REST IN HIM AND TRULY TRUST HIM WITH OUR WHOLE HEARTS---BELIEVING THAT HE KNOWS WHAT IS BEST AND WILL DO NOTHING BUT THE VERY BEST FOR US---HAVING FAITH AND TRUST WITH EYES FIXED STEADFAST TO HIM!!

Trusting God is a process and choice moment by moment of each day that we have to make, but it doesn't mean we throw out our losses and refuse to grieve them or "spiritualize them" and pretend they don't matter. GOD CARES EVEN ABOUT THAT!!!!

The choice is YOURS.......The choice is MINE.

Will we STILL CHOOSE to, "fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." and will we continue to, "Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:2-3

Yes, Lord. EVEN WHEN.......I go through things that I don't understand, I WILL STILL CHOOSE TO TRUST AND FIX MY EYES UPON YOU!

Yes, Lord. EVEN WHEN.......dreams that I had cherished and held close to my heart all of my life, may have a very real possibility of never becoming reality, I WILL STILL CHOOSE TO TRUST AND FIX MY EYES UPON YOU!

Yes, Lord. EVEN WHEN.......I will probably never know all of the "why's," I WILL STILL CHOOSE TO TRUST AND FIX MY EYES UPON YOU!

Yes, Lord. EVEN WHEN.......I feel like my heart could break.....YES LORD! EVEN THEN I WILL STILL CHOOSE TO TRUST AND FIX MY EYES UPON YOU!!!!

But without YOU, I can't do it! AND I am in desperate, constant need of you!

Yes! I WILL LOVE YOU EVEN THEN!!! MY UNCHANGEABLE, CONSTANT, SAFE REFUGE!!!!!---THERE IS NONE BESIDES YOU

No comments: