Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hymn "In Times Like These"

Hi Everyone,

Here are the words to a hymn that we sang in church today. I don't remember singing it before (Or maybe it just never meant anything to me before.) I thought it was cool-really blessed me!

In Times Like These
Words and Music written by Ruth Caye Jones
setting and circumstances: It was written by Ruth in the height of the days of World War Two

(1) In times like these, you need a Savior,

In times like these, you need an anchor;

Be very sure, be very sure,

Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!



CHORUS: The Rock is Jesus, Yes, He’s the One,

The Rock is Jesus, The only One

Be very sure, be very sure, Your anchor holds,

And grips the Solid Rock.



(2) In times like these, you need the Bible,

In times like these, O be not idle!

Be very sure, be very sure,

Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock.



(3) In times like these, I have a Savior,

In times like these, I have an anchor,

I’m very sure, I’m very sure,

My anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock.



Yes! I love the emphasis not only on God's comfort to us, but also of the IMPORTANCE of BEING SURE THAT OUR ANCHOR HOLDS TO JESUS CHRIST---And Nothing else! That is a personal matter for each person before God. But this hymn was so precious to sing at the top of my lungs this morning! It says so much-showing OUR NEED for a Savior, WHO THAT SAVIOR IS, Directing us to Hi s Word, The Bible, and having that trust that He alone is who we find refuge in!!

No comments: