Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, August 29, 2010

It REALLY Bothers Me!

Hi Everyone,

Last night I saw headline on CNN that REALLY, well, perturbed me to be honest. (I hope perturbed is not an offensive word to anyone.)

Anyway, the headline was basically about A certain so-called "church" that has NOTHING to do with Christianity at all and sounds quite cult-like that was saying that the reason why soldiers are dying in the war is because that is God's judgement on America for Homosexual lifestyle. So they were picketing the young man's funeral with all kinds of inappropriate signs and stuff!

For Pete's sake! UNFORTUNATELY people die at war----it's a sad fact. It is the man's funeral!!! I am sure his family members really want to get to know Jesus now! (That last sentence was said sarcastically.

Now don't get me wrong, I AM NOT IN ANY WAY condoning homosexuality! The TRUTH is that God hates it, it is a sin, and it IS detestable to Him----but murder, pride, lying lips, dishonesty, and fornication are as well detestable to God! (for a few examples among many others! This is NOT an exhaustive list!)

But the truth is that although our sin deserves God's punishment and He cannot just forget about it in HIS absolute perfect holiness, GOD STILL desires to draw all men to Himself----and of course, as I have said a thousand times, NOT all will! God in His great love longs that all men would be drawn to a knowledge of the truth! The unchangeable truth that God, in the person of Jesus Christ, came to live a perfect life WITHOUT sin, and died in our place, taking our sin upon Himself, and arose from the grave on the third day proving that He IS GOD!!!! EVERY ONE OF US has sinned against God and offended Him--not just the "homosexuals" or whatever other sin you want to put in the blank! None of us are exempt! And therefore, we have to decide what we are going to do with Jesus Christ's offer of salvation. Are we going to take it--by giving Him our complete trust, or are we going to leave it and suffer the consequences of an eternity separated from God forever??

So why does this so-called "church" point out one sin and not any others???? A good question!

And what makes me so upset is that since they call themselves a "church"-of a commonly known denomination-----do you know what the unbelieving world does???

It turns them off to the Precious Good News of Jesus Christ, and many of them, not knowing the difference, decide they want NOTHING to do with "Christianity" and ASSUME THAT THE REST OF US THAT ARE TRUE BELIEVERS Are "like that!!" UGGG!!!!!

Let me tell you something--that is enough to make me just about cry! THE PRECIOUS NAME OF OUR SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST GET'S DEFAMED AND BLASPHEMED--People think "oh!--those 'Christians!' I don't ever want to be one of them!" How SAD!!!!!

I am NOT saying that any of us are "doing" what this so-called "church" is doing---and I hope that is not the case, BUT beloved brothers and sisters in Christ, may this be a reminder to us that we MUST be REALLY CAREFUL of the testimony we lead and the life that we live! Heavenly Father, Help us!!!! (and I pray that sincerely!) The unbelieving world watches more than we know!

May the LIGHT of HIS TRUTH shine brightly in this lost world!

1 comment:

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, KS, led by Fred Phelps, is not Christian in any sense of the word. They are a cult - pure and simple.

I think it is important to give the identity of this group so people know to stay away from them