Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Monday, August 23, 2010

Mexico Has My Heart.....I Can't Wait To Return!



Hi Everyone,

I've thought a lot about this post. I originally wanted to do a video from Mexico, but someone's camera battery died (after the third time being charged from a team member's charger) since I have been here! So, Lord willing, My next video from Mexico will hopefully mean that we are celebrating because I have returned on a long-term basis!!

I would be lying if I didn't admit that writing this post is difficult. It isn't the easiest one to write. Don't get me wrong--I am SO THANKFUL for the opportunity that I have had to be here!! I wouldn't trade the feelings that are going to come as a result of "Missing Mexico and my team," because THAT means there is so much value here for me and that I feel that I TRULY BELONG!!!

Yes! I DO FEEL THAT I TRULY BELONG HERE!!!I love my team! I am excited and can't wait for the day---and yet am trying my best to wait patiently for the day that I will return, if these two things makes sense! It does to me!

I am thankful TO THE LORD because my days here were literally packed WITH SO MANY WONDERFUL THINGS that I wanted to do, like seeing various people, etc!! I feel I used my time well! (And I still had opportunities to blog and tell all of you about some of it.)

So to my precious team members I encourage you to keep working for the Lord and let's keep praying for each other, even while we are apart. How blessed I truly have been to be among you--YOU are my family.

And yet, for now, I look forward to serving the Lord in my hometown, continuing to get healed, to interact with church family and friends there, while we also have the opportunity.

As I have said, BOTH places ARE WONDERFUL......but oh, how my heart aches to be in MEXICO. But it isn't time yet..and I know that.

A Prayer Request: I have an appointment on Tuesday afternoon. Please pray for wisdom and discernment concerning it. There are some things that need to get figured out and resolved. Thank you!

So in a few hours I will be getting back on the plane, stopping and seeing another friend, Lord wiling as long as we connect during my layover, and then returning to my hometown later this evening.

Please also pray....

1) That nothing breaks in my luggage (some things are glass) and that my suitcase lasts the trip---(it is starting to fall apart!)

2) For clearance in customs without confiscation of anything or any problems as I do have some "food items"

3) For an opportunity to connect with my friend during my layover

4) For a good time of fellowship talking together with one of my fellow co-workers as she rides up on the bus with me to Mexico City to the airport.

5) For the Lord's timing for my return here!

Special thanks to my FIELD LEADERS for allowing the individual to skip her normal responsibilities today and come on the bus with me to the airport!!! THAT meant A LOT to me!!

Goodbye, my precious MEXICO team.......for NOW!!! I cherish you all and am honored and OVERFLOWING WITH THANKFULNESS to serve the LORD with YOU!!!

To those of you on the team that gave me the "Mexican Train" game opportunity--THANKS!!! It was a blast!!! I will have to teach my church friends and others to play that!

Hello, Church family, friends, House of Hope staff---Can't WAIT to tell you all about it!!!

I love YOU ALL!!!

No comments: