Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Greatest Intentions......Fall Short!

Hi Everyone,

Revelation 4:11 "You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being."

Have you ever thought about the fact that God is worthy of totally ALL the GLORY--I mean He is worthy of so much more than we can ever give Him and yet we pray that by our lives He truly does get a tiny fraction of a bit of the glory that He deserves. And yet at the same time, we know that our greatest intentions to give God the glory that He deserves totally fall short of being anything near the amount of glory that He is worthy to receive.

But even so, we come humbly before Him, offering Him our very lives as living sacrifices, and we realize that with everything we do, we long to see Jesus Christ get the glory He deserves-however "small" that may seem to us, or maybe better said however small or big it really is to God, which of course only He truly knows.

I find myself praying over and over "Lord, show me how to live this life so that YOU receive the maximum amount of glory possible from my life."

It is also a truly an awesome wonder that GOD IS ABLE TO RECEIVE GLORY FROM OUR LIVES AL ALL!! He doesn't need us for anything and yet HE CHOOSES to use us, and is somehow able to receive glory from our lives as we live in obedience to Him, loving Him because He loved us first,while we were yet sinners separated from Him because of our sin, and as a result of His Transformational power at work in us, we desire and seek to live our lives in accordance with the Word of God. We no longer live for ourselves, but we live as unto Him, prayerfully growing and being continually molded into His image.

I can't imagine living the rest of my life for anyone or anything other than Jesus Christ alone!!

...Even if that means that life doesn't "turn out" like I had hoped. Somewhere in the last few days, it may have even been at our mini-conference, I heard a quote that made me think. Honestly, I don't have a clue who said it, but the quote was something along the lines of, "God is a lot more interested in our character being transformed, than He is in our personal 'comfort.'"

So even though I said above that, "I can't imagine living my life for anyone or anything else other than Christ," I find myself asking a question to my heart. "Am I Willing, and are we willing to live a life where God gets all of the glory no matter what that means to us?? It could mean some very hard, unexplained, and difficult things in our lives. God did not promise us as believers that life was going to be a "walk in the park." Scripture very clearly illustrates and demonstrates the exact opposite.

But somehow, realizing that He truly gets glory in the end from it all makes it all worth it to me. Does it to you, dear friend? It is such a new perspective for me on life and so many other things!

NO MATTER WHAT, JESUS CHRIST IS STILL WORTHY OF ALL THE GLORY, AND HONOR< AND PRAISE, and THAT NEVER EVER CHANGES---partly because He is the SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND FOREVER!!!

To God be the glory!! What else can I say? To God be ALL the glory because He IS a jealous God, and He will NOT share it (His glory) with another!!!

Isn't it interesting, and yet so VERY SAD that man in this world, often apart from Christ, but maybe even sometimes with Him in our lives, if we get our eyes off of Him, thinks that the greatest thing they could ever want is glory for themselves?

But the TRUTH is that it is a secret delight when we truly discover that there is a precious sweetness to fading humbly (we hope!) into the background and serving Jesus with our whole hearts-----and it gives us great peace and joy-----BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT HE IS WORTHY OF!!!!!

To give God glory----and to have a personal relationship with Him---these are the thing you and I were created for!!!!!

Exodus 34:14 "Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God."

Look at the apostle Paul's words to the Corinthians. Paul writes to them his deep thoughts towards them.

2 Corinthians 11:2-3 "I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ."

Jesus Christ is worthy that we live a life of holiness as the Word says, (partly because they are HIS words to us) and may NOTHING EVERlead us astray from our simple and pure devotion to Him, not ministry, the "teachings" of others who are not born again, daily living, NOTHING

BECAUSE HE IS WORTHY!!!!..............today, tomorrow, FOREVER!!!

Revelation 5:9-10 And they sang a new song: "You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth."

No comments: