Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Saturday, August 21, 2010

My "Retirement Plan" IS in Heaven!

Hi Everyone,

One thing I have been thinking about over the past few days is about serving the Lord out of gratitude for the rest of my life because I am so thankful for everything that He has done for me, by dying on the cross in MY place.

I DON"T EVER PLAN ON STOPPING REGARDING THIS WHOLE THING OF SERVING HIM!!!

I was talking to someone the other day about this. I told her that at this point I don't ever plan to stop working for the Lord and intend to as long as He gives me the strength, health, ability, and opportunity to do so.

I am not against anyone that decides to retire--especially in American culture, people do so for a variety of reasons. Nor is it my intention to sound "more spiritual (whatever that means, because God doesn't "compare us" to each other. He calls us each to walk with Him and obey Him and each one of us will give an account to Him and Him alone. But I was thinking about how my personal retirement plan is really IN HEAVEN--and even then I will still be joyously serving Jesus (as all of us who are Believers will be) FOREVER--for all eternity!!!!

Isn't THAT exciting?? I think it sounds like FUN!!!

So whether you are "retired" or still "in the workforce" or "in ministry" or WHATEVER GOD HAS CALLED YOU TO DO AND WHEREVER HE HAS PLACED YOU, I want to encourage you to serve JESUS with all your heart to the best of your ability, obeying HIM--because HE IS worthy of that!----BECAUSE OUR "RETIREMENT PLAN" IS IN HEAVEN!!

Praise the Lord--to HIM be the glory-THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!

No comments: