Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Our Service-Men and Women

Hi Everyone,

Right now, in my state, there are an abundance of reserve units being called up to go to war. And I just wanted to say something qick about this.

I understand that some of us here at home may not really be excited about the war and what is going on, but regardless of what your thoughts and opinions are, let's please just remember two things.

1) We don't totally truly KNOW what is always going on with the situation, and the media portrayal of things may not be 100% accurate.

2) One fact is true--regardless---, OUR MEN AND WOMEN (many young) ARE GOING OFF TO WAR, DEFENDING A COUNTRY THEY FEEL IS WORTH DEFENDING---

so lets be praying for these young men and women that are going to be seeing many VERY DIFFICULT things. Let's pray for them-that the Lord would draw many of them to Himself and for strength and courage for what they face on a daily basis. Pray for those young men and women that are believers that have been placed in a challenging place to minister and serve the Lord and their country at this time. And pray for the families back home. Imagine if it was your son or daughter out at war.

And if you have a chance, and you are at an airport some place, and you see a young service man or woman dressed in uniform, take a moment to thank them for "whatever it is" that they are doing----even though they won't be able to tell you anything specific.

That is all I have to say on this topic at the moment.

Have a great day in the Lord, and I will try to write more later.

No comments: