Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Praise and a Prayer Request

Hi Everyone!

I still have internet access. My co-worker and I do not leave for conference until about 2:00 p.m. So I have some time to write a few things that I have been thinking of.

I have a praise and a prayer request.

PRAISE!! I had a WONDERFUL time at my co-worker's church this morning! The singing and preaching was really something I could grow and learn from (and ALSO the church is VERY CLOSE to the woman's house where I may be living when I return!!) I think it seriously might be a REAL POSSIBILITY of where I may attend when I come back long-term. OBVIOUSLY, this is majorly in the future since we don't even know when I am going to return quite yet, but please pray with me about this possibility. I will have to investigate a little more and things and learn more about the church obviously as well. Thank you for your prayers regarding this matter.

PRAYER REQUEST--Praise God for some discipleship that I am receiving from my co-worker while being here--MUCH NEEDED and VERY HELPFUL regarding the whole communication aspect. This is more of a long-term prayer request--but pray for my continued growth in learning to communicate and a sensitive spirit and heart towards receiving instruction and guidance that way.

I have realized that many times when I interrupt, it is normally not done out of an intention to be rude (although the other person certainly could take it that way and be offended). But rather, often I interrupt because their words trigger a thought in me that relates to whatever we are discussing, and I get scared that I am going to "lose the thought," so I interrupt. BUt do pray that i would see some growth and progress in this area, that ai would listen first to the other person completely, and then respond, because I DON'T WANT ANYONE getting the perception or feeling that what they have to say is not important.

Thank you so much for praying about these two matters! I appreciate you and your patience towards me means so much!

No comments: