Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Response to those Outside and Inside.............

Hi Everyone,

I love it when you have an older more mature sister in Christ that actually prays for the right time to "call you on the carpet" about an issue in your life that you and the Lord need to work on together in his strength, so that you in turn, can become more like Christ.

I have someone in my life like that right now, and i am seriously so thankful for her!

Today I had a talk with this individual-it wasn't like what she mentioned wasn't something that I hadn't already noticed as God had pointed it out to me, due to some recent responses to people and such. But her mentioning it out of a desire to see me change, and her mentioning it in love made it all more concrete to me that yes, this was an area that needs some urgent attention in the Lord's help.

I've been thinking about the verse that says, "Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." Galatians 6:10.

And out of all honesty, I just have to say that I realize I am seriously seeking to obey God in the sense of responding well and appropriately and sharing the gospel with unbelievers, making the most of opportunities.

But God is asking me, "What are you doing, and how are you responding to those of the household of faith of believers?"

And that question brings conviction to my heart, because sometimes I interrupt or respond harshly when I am in a hurry instead of simply communicating and gently saying, "I am sorry..I am in a rush and I honestly can't talk right now. can we set up a time later?"

So, if you are one of those people that I do that to, I want to humbly apologize and ask your forgiveness and patience as I learn to communicate better, instead of being harsh or maybe even rude at times I respond. It doesn't mean that what I do is right or has an excuse in any way.

Thank you for your patience and love and grace. Thank you for giving me the privilege of growing in Christ along with you....I appreciate you all and mean that from the depths of my heart.

No comments: