Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Friday, August 27, 2010

Vulnerability In Loneliness

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to do a little post about the issue of "vulnerability in loneliness."

From personal experience in the past, I just wanted to say that at times when we are lonely there is a vulnerability and we can find ourselves in situations that we never imagined to find ourselves in--finding it very extremely easy to succumb and give in to to temptations that we never thought would be an issue when we weren't "lonely."

Now this DOES NOT MEAN that loneliness gives us an excuse to sin by any means! But it is just something to be VERY AWARE OF! You can be caught off guard and the next thing you know be found in situations or places that you never thought you would be!

Don't think, "Oh I am too strong to fall" or, "It wouldn't happen to ME!" or worse off, "I would NEVER DO THAT!!" It can happen to you! I used to think that way, but I don't anymore! (And may the Lord guard me so that I do not ever think that way again!)

Proverbs 16:18 "Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall."

No comments: