Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Thursday, August 5, 2010

While I am Waiting...............

Hi Everyone,

My heart is eager, excited to serve God with the rest of my life wherever I am...and yet I look forward to the day I, Lord willing, hope to again serve with my team in Mexico....and love the people with every ounce of my heart.

But while I am waiting...................

1) I will serve here with my whole heart as God directs and leads me.

2) I will take each step in obedience as God asks me to.

3) I will worship God in Spirit and truth from a grateful Heart.

4) I will seek to point others to the love of Christ, and His all sufficient sacrifice for them, with gentleness and respect, just as I would do in Mexico, here, or anywhere else.

5) I will move ahead trusting in God for everything.

6) I will grow in depth with God, and attempt to be as close to God as I can be in my relationship with Him, keeping Him in my heart as my first love.

and.......

7) I will surrender to God's will rather than my own..

I want God's love and His saving and life-transforming power to flow through everything I say, think, do, and write. (And that doesn't mean I don't sin and blow it, because I do, but what I wrote above IS my heart's true desire!)

John Waller put it this way, in a song that became popular through the movie, "Fireproof," which is also called, "While I'm Waiting."

"While I'm Waiting" written by John Waller

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

So John Waller and I are both saying the same thing.

And to my team members in Mexico, Yes, I WILL SEE YOU IN A WEEK!! Oh this is going to be one joyous reunion--get out the tissue boxes! :) OK, I will try not to cry too many tears of joy, but it's going to be something else!

No comments: