Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

As Close As You Want To Be

Hi Everyone,

Hebrews 10:19-23 "Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

James 4:8 "Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

So the whole Hebrews passage is going to demand much more explanation later in my Hebrews discussion--and I plan to give it that.

But I was thinking about my relationship with God and these past nearly five months--and the endless JOY and HOPE that it has brought to me. I am not in any way saying that I am "the example"--far cry from it.

However, I just wanted to say that as you draw near to God and walk with Him, your relationship with Him can be as close and vital and fulfilling as you want it to be.

Now, granted, we all still sin down here (Unfortunately) so that hasn't been fully and completely eradicated from our lives yet------but in Heaven it will be.

And it isn't so much about what we do, it's about Him enabling us (more on that later) and working through accomplish HIS will and purposes. However, There is a real sense that we can either chose to walk according to the Spirit and what is obedience to him, or walking in sin and in the flesh. And in a huge sense there is the truth that we can either co-operate with the Spirit of God's working in each of our lives, or not.

So how close do you or I want to be with JESUS today???

No comments: