Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Friday, October 29, 2010

God's "Love Language" Is Obedience

Hi Everyone,

A few years ago there were these books circulating in the States that were quite popular about "Love languages."--the way people interpret love.

This was actually something that was mentioned at the discipleship training that I went to about two weeks ago..

They mentioned that if God has a love language it is obedience--that is how we express our love to Him--by obeying because He first loved us. There is a really cool video they played too, which unfortunately, due to copyright laws I cannot post anyplace, but it really drove the point home. It is of a lady who started out with a puppy that eventually after hours together began to obey and follow her every move--and soon he woulds follow her every move in step. That is what obedience to God looks like-we move following after Him one step of obedience at a time-until He becomes our sole concern and as we obey Him we are doing what He is doing. We aren't concerned with what others think about us and there is no question as to the fact that God is in charge of our lives. Our sole desire and concern is to SIMPLY OBEY HIM and in our obedience to HIM, we are filled with inexpressible joy.

I want to be that way with Jesus!--I have a long ways to go, but the desire is there!
Obedience one moment at a time!

John 14:23-24 "Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me."

1 John 2:4-6 "The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did."

Are we more concerned about what everyone else thinks than we are about obeying Jesus?

Are we truly obeying Him?

No comments: