Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Friday, October 15, 2010

A Good Person??

Hi Everyone,

Sometimes it is interesting how people talk about each other.

"He or she is a good person," they will say.

Mark 10:17-18 "As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. "Good teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone."

I know people sometimes mean well, or don't know what to say, but really, there is no good apart from Jesus Christ.

So I hope some day, or even now, if people happen to say something of me they do not refer to me as a "good person." Jesus Christ is every ounce of any true good in me!

Because of Jesus and ONLY because of Jesus, I pray that my life lived before Him would be one where I love Him in return for all He has done for me by dying in my place, that my life and everything I do would be an offering of praise because of who HE is.....that I would live in obedience to Him worthy of the calling I have received to be HIS child. That the focus of my life would TRULY be upon HIM and NOT myself. I want to leave a LEGACY of pointing others to Jesus, but in and of myself, I can do NOTHING, and it is only by HIS GRACE and HIS WORK in me that this is possible.

Life isn't about being a "good person." However, it is all about what JESUS did for us, our trust in Him alone for salvation, and HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS--the fact that when He looks at us who have trusted Christ, HE SEES CHRIST'S SACRIFICE ON OUR BEHALF CREDITED TO OUR ACCOUNT---and hopefully we live according to this truth in all of the aspects of our lives. Obviously we are co-operating with the Spirit of God as He enable us--to become more like JESUS-but The Spirit is working in our lives. (More on this when I get back from the retreat----as long as I don't feel burdened to write about something else first!)

No comments: