Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Monday, October 18, 2010

Identity In Christ

Hi Everyone,

The other day a lady asked me what I do when other people put me down.

I thought about her question a second and then responded by saying that, "Honestly, when other people put me down or if they are saying something that truthfully isn't true, it really doesn't bother me, because I am secure in Christ, and I KNOW that what He thinks of me as His daughter is what REALLY matters."

And then I just thought, "Wow God!" " You HAVE worked in my life in an amazing way."

You see, it used to be that whenever anyone said anything that was unpleasant (even if it was true) I would get really upset inside---and often show that on the outside.

It is a wonderful thing to be SECURE IN CHRIST. I know that I have great value and worth, because the redemption of my life from sin, hell and the eternal punishment that I deserved, cost JESUS His Son EVERYTHING when He died in my place and rose from the grave three days later.

And it is the same for you.

I don't have to be afraid of man saying things about me or putting me down. Compared to Christ's love for me----it just all becomes irrelevant. God will take care of it. And I need to be careful that I don't do anything like that to others at any time.

Now, if someone says something confronting me and it is TRUE---that is a DIFFERENT MATTER---and I hopefully will be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and to the correction that I will receive that and deal with the issue.

I never got all of this "identity in Christ" stuff. Infact, it drove me crazy! I couldn't figure out why Christians made such a big deal out of it.

But what a blessing it TRULY is to be at peace with God...and SECURE in Him.

Ephesians 1:3-10 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace 8that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment—to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ."

No comments: