Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Jealousy

Hi Everyone,

UGGG! Before I got saved, I had serious jealousy sin issues. It seems that the Lord has eradicated a lot of that.

As I was reading and reflecting on the verses for the "anger post" yesterday, I ran across these verses.

Jealousy really at the root is ENVY----I envy another person because of what they either have or are able to do that I, at the moment, do not have or am unable to do. I am discontent and dis-satisfied and cannot be happy unless I am "like them" or "have whatever they have that I 'lack.'"

Jealousy and envy are me living for ME MYSELF AND I in selfish ambition-and not being grateful for the other individual, situation, etc.

It's QUITE UGLY!!! Again it is something, like anger (in an unrighteous state) that should NOT be among the children of God. From jealousy and envy come every other form of evil and disorder.

James 3:13-16 "Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice."

Pretty strong words there--we MUST take them seriously!

No comments: