Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Powerful Verse

Hi Everyone,

Here is another powerful verse that was shared during our retreat. Wow!

Definitely points again to the exclusivity of salvation--so contrary to how so many "believe" things are in the world today.

John 8:23-24 " But He continued, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."

Major emphasis!!!!!! Jesus says they will die in their sins TWICE in these verses and one more time in the verses prior to these.

Jesus was talking to the pharisees in the passage, and they TOTALLY APPLY today.

How much more clearer does Jesus have to say it?


Salvation is all about TRUSTING IN JESUS' sacrifice for us and his payment being sufficient and Him conquering death through rising from the grave.

IF WE (each one of us individually) DO NOT TRUST IN WHAT HE HAS SAID ACCORDING TO WHAT HE HAS SAID IN HIS WORD--the punishment is certain--we will die in our sin--separated from Him forever.

It isn't something one person can do or decide for another.

No comments: