Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Friday, November 5, 2010

Amazing How God Communicates With Us

Hi Everyone,

I had to have a small outpatient surgery today.....I feel really out of it and "not so great right now." Don't worry though--I am must surely be on the road to healing. We are so blessed in my country to have the medical care, research, and ability to correct things, that we do. I had an AMAZING nurse this morning the whole way through-I couldn't have asked for a better one!

But in my waking moments, even after coming out of anesthesia at the hospital, one thought has seemed to consume me above the discomfort of the present.

The thought is: Isn't it absolutely amazing How God has chosen so CLEARLY in His Word to communicate to us--first beginning with Israel and then preserving the entirety of His Word so that we could have it revealed to us? I mean with Israel, He told them exactly what they needed to know, and not just about HIMSELF, But about life----and how they were to live so that they would be a people set apart--to Himself.

We, as the body of Christ are also set apart--grafted in to the praise of His glory! It is awesome truth that we shouldn't just "blow off" or "take lightly." May we NEVER lose the wonder and joy of the great gifts that God has given to us. through His Word, Through Jesus Christ's death and resurrection, and gift of eternal salvation for those of us who have given Him our trust, and for those that He is yet calling to Himself--that they might become children of God!

Galatians 3:15-16 "Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case. The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,” meaning one person, who is Christ.

Hebrews 1:1-3 "In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

I hope this makes sense----being under the effects of anesthesia make thinking more challenging.

No comments: