Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Compassion For The Lost

Hi Everyone,

Sometimes I feel sad when I hear the way that believers sometimes talk about unsaved people......we really have to remember that they are deceived and prisoners held captive. When we start viewing them as anything different, it creates distortion in how we perceive them.

Look at how Jesus responded upon seeing the lost Matthew 9:36 "When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd."

Do we have that same compassion for the lost? In our immediate response we may say, "yes," but maybe it is something we all need to think about a little bit more and evaluate in our hearts....myself included.

Lord, give us YOUR compassion for those that don't know you. We don't excuse their sin any more than we would excuse our own, but we know that YOU love them, even those that are deceived into such deep false beliefs---and that YOU desire to draw them to a knowledge of the truth.

No comments: