Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I See One Side But God Sees It All!

Hi Everyone,

It has been a little bit of a challenging day for me. In the midst of talking with God, dealing with some disappointments, celebrating joyous news with a quiet unspoken grief mixed in, it occurs to me again the thought that I see one side of things----I see God's plan being carried out in my life every day---and 99% of all days that is an extremely deeply joyous, deep, elating experience-----walking with God on the journey.

But I struggle when there are those occasional moments where I forget that I just see a portion of this great plan that God has in store--I only see it as I live it out in my perspective-------and that HE SEES THE WHOLE PICTURE---beginning to end--and sees and knows the perfect reasons as to why--my "life" isn't the more "Typical type" let's say. And that even though I would NEVER change or "trade in" what He is allowing me to have and blessing me to experience in truth and in Him, I have to remind myself that HE KNOWS TRULY WHAT IS BEST--even when it comes to deep unspoken desires of the heart------He knows----HE KNOWS THE WAY, THE PLACES, THE EVENTS, THE PERFECT TIMING-----and I can trust Him for that.

It all reminds me of a little poem--that explains it like this:

The Weaver

by Benjamine Malachi Franklin

My Life is but a weaving
between my Lord and me;
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.

Oft times He weaveth sorrow
And I, in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper,
And I the under side.

Not til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly,
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.

He knows, He loves, He cares,
Nothing this truth can dim.
He gives His very best to those
Who leave the choice with Him.

As the Prophet Isaiah put it this way: "You turn things upside down, as if the potter were thought to be like the clay! Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it,“You did not make me”? Can the pot say to the potter, “You know nothing”?" Isaiah 29:16

Our desired response should be: "Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand." Isaiah 64:8

God knows how fragile we would be if we constantly got "our own way."

No comments: