Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Not Just Going Through The Motions

Hi Everyone,

In our walk with God we have to be sure that we are not simply just going through the motions with no reality connected to our relationship with God. Obviously there are days where it may seem like that is what we do, and really this is something that is just between each of us as individuals and God--because only God and you know the status of your heart.

But this is just something I have been thinking about lately....we don't simply just want to give Jesus Christ "lip service" and then live a totally different lifestyle that does not reflect what we say.

Here is the chorus to a song I heard the other day--I thought it was neat and challenged me.

"The Motions"--chorus
by Matthew West

"I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
Without Your all-consuming passion inside of me.
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything
Instead of going through the motions."

Hebrews 4:13-13 "For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account."

Lord, help us-We do NOT just want to "go through the motions" with You!

No comments: