Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Jesus--Our Continual Celebration

Hi Everyone,

I am so glad that This day isn't about the gifts we get, or the gifts we give, or being healthy (or not), or being able to be physically present with family.

I am not with my actual family today---they are many miles away. I am with a friend and her family instead. And about half of the kids are sick with the stomach flu.

BUT JESUS is our source of continual celebration---and the day is really about celebrating that He came and lived a sinless life and died for us. I know He wasn't actually born in December, but even if the world stops and plays Christmas carols on normally not so good radio stations, I think it's worth it.

Jesus, our greatest gift, is the reason why we as believers are truly celebrating. Celebrating for anything less than Him can lead us to disappointment--although it is a true celebration to be together as families and friends--there is nothing wrong with that. But JESUS is our greatest HOPE!

HE NEVER CHANGES---and that is worth celebrating!

No comments: