Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Friday, December 10, 2010

Obeying God When It Hurts......

Hi Everyone,

Sometimes God calls us to do things that are not always easy, and yet we have to choose if we are going to obey Him. Sometimes the things He asks us to do can mean great sacrifice on our part, but we must remember that we are here to serve Him and do His will and NOT serve ourselves.

Lord, help us in the times when obeying you makes us feel torn or it is hard. No sacrifice is too great because You gave Yourself and All you had sparing nothing on our behalf....Help us never to forget that.

2 comments:

Dan and Laura said...

And serving Him can be our JOY! I think the times that I am hesitant to serve are the times my thoughts about Him are not based in the truth of His love and care for me. When my thoughts are based in truth, I think the serving comes more as an outpouring of my trust in Him. Just some thoughts...

Dan and Laura said...

...but, yes. Sometimes that can still come with pain and struggle...