Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Friday, December 3, 2010

This Life is NOT My Own!

Hi Everyone,

Tonight we had our "Right Hand Of Fellowship" here at the WEC International USA sending base to accept our new workers that completed their candidate orientation and will be going out to serve all over the world as cross-cultural workers for the Lord.It was really a special time for them as accepted new workers and for us as well.
I'll try to have a little video up tomorrow.

Last year I was also here at the same time for the same event, but it was under such different spiritual and emotional circumstances on my part. I remember thinking last year that this was probably the last RHOF "Right Hand of Fellowship" that I would ever attend--and I certainly didn't think I would ever be going back to Mexico-my field of service at the moment.

But last night was not only special for our new workers but it was also very deeply special for me in a personal way. I didn't announce it to anyone, but it really touched me when my candidate directors, addressing the new candidates, talked to them about how they were now under the leadership of our sending base leaders and how our sending base leaders would stand by them through the rest of the journey.

I think it meant so much to me because I have seen the reality of that in my life over the past year when things got really hard-and I saw how my sending base leaders with the love of Christ, stood behind me and how people here must have really prayed for me. I am part of an amazing family here-a small portion of the bigger body of Christ-the church.

And as I was thinking about this all and sort of "rededicating myself to go out and serve again in Mexico"--a couple came up to me and asked if they could pray for me.

Of course, I said, "yes!"

It was really neat--as they prayed for me, I pondered the JOY of the fact that my life is NOT my own and that God has called me to serve and obey Him wherever I am---but also for the next chapter in Mexico as well.

1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a "You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God......' (I just couldn't resist putting this verse this way--no taking it out of context is meant by doing so.)

No comments: