Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, December 26, 2010

We Must Continue To Reach Out To Others Around Us!

Hi Everyone,

Today I went to church with my friend's family and was made aware of a very tragic and sad situation involving the death of one if their church members. Although I do not know them, my heart breaks for the family tat is left.

It was all really a reminder to me that we must continue to reach out to those around is and nor offer up excuses of why we don't, because we have no idea what people are going through or what they are really thinking, even when things can appear to "be just fine."

And not only that, but it was also a reminder that this time of year is really a hard time for many people--people that need to know how much Jesus loves them in the midst of their loss and pain. We want to think that everyone is enjoying things around us, but that isn't the case.

So let's pray for those that are hurting and seek to minister to them as Jesus would--offering the gift of our presence and not the "know it all" answers.

And Lord, I lift up this family that has been changed by such a sad loss and many others like them. May Your presence be near to them in a very real way, reaching to the depths of their need as only You can. Show those around them how to be there for them through the days. months, and years ahead, and the funeral this coming week.

No comments: