Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dentist Vocabulary Day

Hi Everyone,

Today was one of those "normal life errands" days. I haven't had a chance to set up a post office box yet--so thanks for your patience in that.

I helped at Fernando and Flor's school for about half an hour with a few kids in their English, and then made my way to my dentist appointment-which was in some ways pretty cool. I was trying to figure out who to go to and discovered that a few of my Mexican friends and several of my team members go to her because she does things RIGHT.

This lady (the dentist) had gone with me on a few Amigos Sin Frontera trips. We discovered through talking that it had been six years since we had seen each other. I got to share my testimony with her--in Spanish of course which she was amazed by. We discovered that we are one year and three months apart in age and she said that she wants to know my phone number and all when I get settled and get together to have a meal together and stuff. I am excited about that--a professional friend my own age!

In Mexico--it's WHO you know--or who your friends know that is important!

The appointment took two and a half hours---and I really have quite a good opinion of Mexican dentistry as long as you go to the right one. So $40 later, I was done and learned tons of new dental vocabulary in the process!

After the dentist I grabbed a light lunch and headed to a friend's house-literally dropping in unannounced before-hand. We all had a great time talking--and in the process I discovered they go to the same dentist I went to this morning as well---and recommend her to everyone.

So now I have a project to finish before going to my field leader's house tomorrow...so I better get to it!

Thanks for praying you all! God is so good!

No comments: