Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Is Comfort Our god?

Hi Everyone,

Something I have been thinking about lately is the emphasis we put on comfort--esspecially in the culture I come from. Sometimes I wonder if comfort becomes a god to many of us? Or is it just a value of our culture? Obviously, thre is probably a fine line in all of this and people´s convictions vary. I am not writing this to be leglistic or to step on anyone´s toes, as they say. Sometimes though, I think we may prize ourselves in not having "actual idols," and yet I can´t help but wonder if maybe our "idols" are not neceasaily a statue on our shelf, but rather the things to which we give the most of our time, attention, and thought.

So are there idols in my life--things that have a higher importance than God? If so, what are those things? And what do I need to do about them?

Lord, I don´t want anythig in my life taking the place that only YOU alone deserve. Show me the offensive ways that are in me, so that I might walk more closely with You.

No comments: