Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Friday, February 25, 2011

What It Means To Walk With God

Hi Everyone,

Every morning at the office we have a devotional time together before starting to work. Today one of my co-workers talked about "What it means to walk with God"

It was a really good devotional and I told him I would share it with you. Here are some of the things that he mentioned-or that were talked about. It is again pretty interesting because I was going to blog about this concept fairly soon.

So here are some of the points about walking with God-the list is not exhaustive by any means.

WALKING WITH GOD MEANS.....

1) Walking with God means companionship. We are walking with Jesus as His friend. He himself said John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends." He called us His friends and gave His life willingly for us. Jesus also said, "You are my friends if you do what I command." John 15:14.

2) Walking with God means Walking by Faith and trust. It is hard to have a relationship and walk with someone that you don't trust. Hebrews 11:6 "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Romans 1:17 "For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith."

3) Walking with God means that you are going in the same direction-TOGETHER. not lagging behind-or trying to run ahead of God, but rather, going through life and taking the "steps of life" together.

4) Walking with God means that you are enjoying fellowship-enjoying the fellowship of talking together but also realizing that there may be times where you don't talk at all, but simply knowing that HE is there walking with you and His presence as a secure safe place is enough---imagine the illustration of what a young child feels when they are secure holding the hand of a parent that they truly understand who loves them.

5) Walking with God means obedience--not just "Obeying to obey" but obeying because we love Him....having a relationship that is honest and sincere.

How can we walk more closely with God today?


On Monday I will try to have a video up-I realize I wasn't able to get one up this week. Have a great day! Blessings to you all!

No comments: