Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Becoming A Person Of Prayer

Hi Everyone,

It is such a delight to have people reading my blog from different countries. There is at least one person from Japan reading my blog fairly regularily. So to that person that just accessed my blog today I would like to say that I am praying for you and your country, and hope that you know how much JESUS loves you in the midst of everything that is going on.

In the midst of the suffering of so many, I have been thinking about several things. One of them is that having a safe, secure, dry place to sleep is not a "right"---- Having adequate food, clean drinking water, clothes, and shelter are things that we need and having them is a blessing from God. We need to truly be grateful for the basics.

I have been thinking a lot about prayer and my personal prayer life before the Lord and personally, I wish it did not take tragedies like the earthquake in Japan or Haiti or Chilie to be praying more for the nations. Infact, I am ashamed that I do not pray more f0r the world. It is so easy to get caught up in daily life where we are at and not think about others in other nations. I do not want to be that way. I want to be a woman that prays more fervently for the world.

For about an hour and a half during the day of the earthquake in Japan, we had very strong winds here---which is unusual. And I prayed and said, "Lord, aomething major is going on some place--help whatever is going on" I did not expect it to be anything like that.

And all of the sudden as I am typing this, I hear ambulance sirens going dobn a main roaf nearby, and I begin to pray because someone here may have their life being framatically changed by a medical emergency.

Lord, there is so much going on in the world---may I become a person of prayer. May the things that break Your heart also break mine.

No comments: