Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Awesome Resurrection Day Celebration At Church Today!

Hi Everyone,

1 Peter 1:3-6 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials."

HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have finally found the church that I want to be a part of and serve with while I am here in Mexico! I am amazed by their real love for one another, their friendliness, the solid teaching of the Word, and the concern that the Pastor has for those in the congregation---every Sunday after the service he stands at the door and talks briefly with just about everyone who attended as they leave. Next Sunday I get to be introduced to the church family in the service as I will be serving and working to come alongside them. I have a desire to help in the women's ministry but I need to talk with the Pastor more officially and see if he is alright with that and what the needs are at this time.

The Church is called King of Kings Christian church--The sign below says:"We have found the true purpose in life."


Here is what the building looks like from the outside (it is the light green one)


This morning I woke up at 5:00 a.m. to get a fruit salad of magos, green grapes, stawberries, and papaya ready for our fellowship meal after the Celebration service of Jesus Christ's resurrection. The service started at 7:00 a.m. (Usually there are two services one at 10:00 and one at 12:00 but today it was a combined earlier service) as I was finally waiting for the bus on the main road just up from my street, I found myself with two other ladies who were also believers. They had beeen waiting over an hour for their bus and said that neither theirs nor the one I needed had passed by in the last hour. Finally the bus came by at 7:15--and unfortunately I got to church at 7:45. The good thing was that I was literally just in time to join them in taking the Lord's table together!!!!! (First time with all of them--it was really special for me!)

The sermon was wonderful! It was from the verses I put above at the beginning of this blog post--I will be referring to those verses and a few thoughts from the sermon put in my own words in the future!

After the service we had a meal together where everyone brought different wonderful Mexican breakfast items to share! I "just happened" (We all know God had it planned out!) to sit at a table where obviously the fruit salad I had made was to share with those at my table and everyone else---and the other ladies had brought chilaquiles and tamales (My two most favorite Mexican dishes in the world!) While I was eating I waas able to share my testimony with two people and leaned more about those at my table as well.

I was rejoicing in the salvation that I have in Christ the whole time! It has been eleven months! In a month there is going to be a huge celebration going on in my heart and life! I hope you all will be celebrating with me!

P.S. Please pray for a dear older lady that I chat with frequently on a regular basis that lives on my street.. She saw me this afternoon and told me I was beautiful----such a sweet comment. Please pray that God would open up an opportunity for me to share the gospel with her---I have no idea where she stands spiritually--I am also hoping she might be able to answer some questions for my cultural paper.

Thanks for your prayers! May the Lord truly bless you all!

No comments: