Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

How Much I Need Him!

Hi Everyone,

Today my cultural experience was talking to a few people for my paper.......and attending a funeral.....because I was at the right place just as everything was going to be taking place. I prayed with a crying woman--I believe it was her mom that had died. I went along for the procession to the cemetary and stayed for the burial. Death here is definitely not as "pretty" as it is in the states. People are generally burried the next day after they die. It was such a reminder of how much the Mexican people need to know Jesus as their one and only Savior. The funeral was Catholic and it broke my heart---just to see how much they need Him.

And lately, after being reminded again of how much so many Mexican people need Jesus, I am also reminded of how much I need Him-every second-----esspecially lately as I see the sin in my own heart and life. Pray that I would walk closer with Him and live a life of obedience without offending the Spirit of God who indwells me.

Thank you for your prayers----may His love and light shine through us and be evident to all!

No comments: