Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Friday, April 8, 2011

Living Water


Image courtesy of http://www.freefoto.com/ unrestricted license

Hi Everyone

John 7:38

"He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'"

Eternal Life-the gift that we receive when we give our trust to Jesus Christ alone for salvation. The Spirit of God indwells us.

When water isn't flowing it gets stagnant-it starts to smell, it attracts mosquitoes, and it just sits there.

But water that is flowing is always fresh, moving, and can be very powerful.

Isn't it interesting that the verse does not say, "He who has believed"--but rather the verse says He who believes"-in the present?"

Are we allowing the Spirit of God to flow in our lives and guide us in accordance with the Word of God---or are we quenching Him because of our sin? Is the joy of walking with the Lord daily radiating through us as we obey Him-or are things getting "stagnant" in a sense?

Just a few thoughts that I have been thinking about.

No comments: