Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Monday, April 4, 2011

Missions Sunday

Hi Everyone,

I had a really neat Sunday yesterday. It was also the 50 year anniversary of my sending and home church in the states---sounds like they had a special celebration that I was not there for.

So yesterday a few of my team members had an missions foccus at their church exposing the congregation to missions. It was neat because one of our Mexican workers is here on furlough. She came and presented to the church about her ministry and the country where she is serving. It was so fascinating! I learned a lot!

Then I had the privilege of taking her all the way to Cuernavaca on the bus-a forty minute ride from the church we were at--so she could present at another meeting! It was so neat to have some time to personally talk and get to know her. This is the second time I had actually met her in person.

Once we got to my sending base leaders house, we had a delicious meal of rice, salad, and roasted chicken and the second meetinf began with about fifteen other Mexicans that were all interested in learning more about missions. It was a lot of fun and encouraging to see the interest of several young people. The presentation by our Mexican worker was again very interesting anddifferent from what I had seen at the church that morning.

Afterwards, those that were able to stay, hung out for a few hours and talked to the worker asking questions or discussing cross cultural work amongst ourselves. I had an opportunity to encourage a few people as well.

It was a really awesome day!

Pray that Mexican churches here and Pastors would catch a greater vision for reaching out and being more of a part of the Great Comission. At the same time, pray that we would all bereaching out to those around us that have not yet given Jesus their trust for salvation.

Thanks for your prayers!

No comments: