Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Monday, May 2, 2011

Count It All Joy..............

Hi Everyone,

James 1:2-4 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete--not lacking in anything."

I know I have written baout these words before, esspecially last Summer when I was going through various issues. It seems these words have been challenging me again. I have to confess that there have been times where I am tempted to get weary or not count certain situations as "all joy."But at the same time, as I remember that God is doing a work in me, much greater than I can imagine. Through everything, I am able to count it joy because he is accomplishing HIS purposes.

Another word jumps out at me from these verses---"Perseverance." Part of me chuckles softly as I think to myself, "Well, God certainly is teaching me that!" And even there have been some big challenges lately, there have been so many incredible blessings and praises as well.

Lord, help me to count it all joy because You are good ---and nothing that you allow into my life is without purpose!

No comments: