Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Waiting......In The Meantime

Hi Everyone,

It seems that in many ways God has me at that "wait and grow stage" again like I was at last year for a variety of entorely different factors.

There can be a temptation for prospective intercultural workers or missionaries to think, "When I get to my country of service and am serving the Lord, THAT is where my life is going to start."

It is really an incorrect statement. Our joy does not depend on what we accomplish or do. Our joy is found in knowing God first and foremost above all else.

I am still trying to figure out what my resposabilities of ministry look like---and I am not immune to being tempted by this thinking. Sometimes I get tempted to think that having more responsabilities is what I need--esspecially when co-workers are invited to be involved in certain things that I would enjoy doing--but maybe it just isn´t time for me to do that yet--or maybe God has something entirely different in mind for me than what I think--which seems to be the case.

But serving God is NOT about comparing ourselves one to the other. Infact if we are comparing ourselves, we are not allowimg ourselves to be used as God intends. ....and we are not focusing on Him either--we are instead "looking at what someone else is doing." At the end of our lives we will give an account to God alone--and He is not comapring our life with someone else´s.

So although I am not sure what my ministry resposabilities totally are and am still figuring that out.....I do know that my goal is to complete what I know is before me--like developing my relationship with God, finishing my orientation requirements, showing up faithfully at the sending base three times a week, and attempting to be a blessing to the youth at my church on Saturday´s, and seeking to be a witness on my street and elsewhere, are what I must do unto God´s glory, without comparing,-----and the rest will be added unto me as well.

No comments: