Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Connection Between Contentment And Thankfulness

"Those who rise above their circumstances understand that God uses every experience for good (Rom. 8:28). To trust that principle, we must realize that anything we experience is under the authority of a kind, loving Father.... God never allows anything to touch us that He will not turn to our benefit and the good of His kingdom." ~Charles Stanley

Hi Everyone,

I found this quote yesterday and it was such a reminder for me that regardless of my circumstances, I have to trust that God is working through them for His glory. Sometimes the things that happen in life really don't make sense to us--there are things that God allows into our lives that at first glance, we would prefer not to face, or maybe things we wish were different. But God knows what he is doing. He knows how shallow we would be if life was easy without the trials (sometimes heartbreaking) that he uses to transform us to be more like Him. We can rest in Him that He will take EVERYTHING and work it all together for the good of those who love him.

As I was sitting in the airport yesterday, eating some lunch and having a conversation with God about a current issue I have been struggling with where I am desiring to find contentment in it, God brought to my mind that having a correct view of our circumstances even when they are tough is not only trusting his good and perfect will and sovereign control as was mentioned above, but I also sensed that he was reminding me to
be thankful. Why? Because being content and being thankful go hand in hand. When we are truly thankful to God and grateful for the many undeserved blessings of today, we find ourselves more content to live in the moment He has given us--and maybe thinking a tiny bit less about some of those circumstances that really are in His control----and not our own.

It doesn't mean that this current issue for me has become a non-issue, but maybe in a small way I am able to trust God a little bit more with it.

Lord, give us hearts overflowing with gratitude and the ability to trust you-and your perfect wisdom---that you are working
everything out for our good--even when from our perspective it might not seem that way at first.

Praise the Lord that I arrived back in Mexico safely!

No comments: