Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A God Who Hears

Hi Everyone,

If you would have heard me praying this week, it would have sounded like this. "God, I know my value is not in what I do--but I am here to do Your will for me in Mexico. I want to be more involved and be more of a part of things--especially after my orientation requirements are done. I want to know better how to help my church, how to serve on the sending base, and have opportunities to share with,the youth investing more directly into their lives....and at the same time I am not always sure what my giftings are either."

I'll be honest--I was starting to get impatient and frustrated---instead of just trusting God's timing.

This evening, a handful of us from the youth group went out to see a movie as a mid-week treat and hang out time together. I love being with them and always come away feeling refreshed, loved, and accepted without condition. After the movie, the youth leader pulled me aside and said, "Crystal, would you be willing to give the Bible study portion of the youth group next Saturday?" I said, "yes, I would be delighted to," but would have to wait til I got back in town from my visa renewal trip.

And then I got home tonight and a letter from my Pastor was in my e-mail---saying he has a lady in mind that he wants me to come alongside disciple. COOL!!!!!

I am very excited, to say the least,....and again clearly reminded that God hears my prayers, knows what I feel, cares so very much, and has plans for me here in Mexico.

Thank you Lord!

No comments: