Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Monday, September 12, 2011

Are we "Forcing" What God Doesn't Want?

Hi Everyone,

I've been thinking about something and been challenged by it several times over the past few weeks.

So many times it is so easy to bring "our plans or desires" to prayer and ask God to honor and bless them---but the truth is our plans may NOT be His will for us at all.

Especially serving in a foreign country, (but I am sure it happens just the same in our ministries and lives at home), We are constantly made aware of needs or opportunities around us--it can be easy to "fill our plates" and get busy with all kinds of truly good things---but some of those may not be what God has for us at that particular time and such.

I am not saying we should just throw out our ministry opportunities, but maybe sometimes we need to seek God and really evaluate them. So I've been doing some re-evaluating lately as to what God does want me doing---and to what extent---for various aspects here.

HIS WILL IS ALWAYS THE BEST FOR US. It is far better to carry out HIS plans and will rather than our own.

No comments: