Psalm 146:2 "I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Amazed! Amazed!

Hi Everyone,

I will never cease to be amazed at God's goodness to me-the little ways that he shows that He knows about the desires of our hearts.

In August my cockatiel had died. At first I basically decided it wasn't worth the cost when they kept dying so quickly--not to mention the emotional loss. Olga had also asked me not to get another one.

It was all quite sadly settled-no more pets for me. But I began to notice as the weeks went by that having a bird had so many advantages that I was now missing. I noticed real changes in my morale and tended to constantly throw myself into my work without taking time to just enjoy things and take a break. The last three weeks of August were truthfully some the hardest I had had since returning to Mexico in January. I began praying about talking to Olga again about the things I had realized and the positive reasons for having another bird.

But yet at the same time I was thinking that even if perhaps she would give me permission, I didn't know where I was going to get a bird from. I refused to buy from a pet store again and decided that I would only buy if somehow I could find a hand fed breeder here in Mexico. My other secret prayer request from the depths of my heart was that the breeder would be a Christian. And of course I needed Olga's permission. I thought the chances for all of these things to "line up" were next to impossible--I had looked before regarding a breeder--finding no one. But I prayed these things specifically

Finally God opened up natural opportunity for me to chat with Olga in which she gave me permission to get another bird, preferring it wasn't a cockatiel because she felt they were fragile. The amazing thing was that later that evening after the conversation-I found a breeder that hand feeds birds about an hour away from where I am living.

I began talking with the lady (the breeder) on the phone and e-mailing. I recounted the situations about my previous birds deaths, we discussed things that are hazardous to them etc. I also in my free time was doing extensive research as much as possible.

And then I was even more amazed one night when Maria, the breeder, added me as a friend on facebook--and looking at her interests and facebook page, I was able to tell one very clear thing----she was a believer!!!!! Everything in my heart was just going "Yeah God! You are doing it! You are giving me the desire of my heart!"

Later on just before our team mini conference, I talked with Olga again. I told her I was getting another bird, told her the situation that I had found---and expressed my desire to specifically get a cockatiel with the reasons why to which she said yes--provided that I asked questions about it's care and all to male sure I am doing things right.

On Monday, I went and picked up my dear precious additions to my room-Originally I just wanted one only but these two are from the same family and have never been apart--and I didn't want the one being lonely on those days that I leave at 8:00 am and don't get back til close to 9:00 in the evening.

They are eight weeks old--I still have not named them yet. They fit in the palm of my hand. (well one at a time does) They are tame, precious, and sweet.

I want to enjoy them while I have them, and since I bought them from a much better source this time, I hope they will be around longer.

I think the thing that amazes me and even gives greater joy than having the birds is knowing that God worked out that whole process so perfectly as only He could have! I feel so loved by Him and I know in a very tangible way that he cares about my heart---all the way down here in Mexico. I knew that before but wow--it was just so neat to see Him bring it all together!

And not only that-I've developed a friendship with Maria-and she said if I ever want to go to her place to just get away, I could do that. And I am delighted to be able to encourage and bless her.

So here are the pictures you are all waiting for--welcome home baby birdies!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

So happy for you. Isn't God good??

Sherrill said...

I am so happy for you. Love this picture of you!